CUSTOMER TERMS & CONDITIONS
MiTIRE 24-MONTH TIRE ROAD HAZARD PROGRAM
THIS PROGRAM IS PROVIDED AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE WITH YOUR ELIGIBLE TIRE PURCHASE. YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PURCHASE THIS PROGRAM AS A CONDITION TO THE PURCHASE OF ANY PRODUCT OR AS A CONDITION TO THE EXTENSION OF CREDIT.
TO SUBMIT A CLAIM, YOU MUST PRESENT YOUR ORIGINAL INVOICE SHOWING THE PURCHASE OF THE TIRE. IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO PRESENT YOUR ORIGINAL INVOICE, THE DEALER HAS THE RIGHT TO DENY COVERAGE.
This Tire Road Hazard Program (“Program”) is included with new tires sold by dealerships participating in the MiTIRE Tire Program and is administered by Sonsio Management, Inc. (“Program Administrator”).
The Seller of the tires covered by this complimentary Program is identified by name and address on the original purchase invoice (“Original Invoice”), which is attached to and made a part of these Program terms and conditions (“Program Benefit Statement”).”).
WHAT TIRES ARE ELIGIBLE:
The benefits of this Program are available only for (A) the tires (i) purchased by you, the Customer*, from a dealership participating in the MiTIRE Tire Program (“Participating Dealership”), and (ii) that are listed clearly on the Original Invoice, identified by the listed part/SKU number(s) and Department of Transportation (“DOT”) number(s), and (iii) while installed on your vehicle identified by year, make, model, and Vehicle Identification Number (“VIN”) on the Original Invoice (“Eligible Tires”); and (B) tires that replace Eligible Tires pursuant to the Program (“Eligible Replacement Tires”) subject to the same identification and requirements that would apply for the original Eligible Tire. This Program is limited to reimbursement for flat tire changing assistance, and for the repair or replacement of Eligible Tires and Eligible Replacement Tires damaged by a road hazard as described below.
*Purchased by you, the Customer is defined as the customer paying the majority of the cost (51% or more) for the eligible tire (“Customer Purchased Tire(s)”). Please note, tires replaced under other warranty or insurance programs regardless of the portion covered by the customer are not covered under this Program.
TERM OF PROGRAM BENEFITS:
This Program covers Eligible Tires for a term of 24 months from the date on your Original Invoice for the tires, or until any part of the tire tread that comes in contact with the road has a tread depth of 3/32" or less, whichever occurs first (“Program Benefit Term”). Eligible Replacement Tires will be covered under this Program for the remainder of the original Eligible Tire’s Program Benefit Term. The Program Benefit Term will not be extended or determined by the installation date of the Eligible Replacement Tire.
WHAT IS ROAD HAZARD DAMAGE?
Road hazard damage occurs when a tire fails as a result of a puncture, bruise, or impact break incurred during the course of normal driving on a road maintained by state or local authority. Nails, glass, and potholes are the most common examples of road hazards. See “EXCLUSIONS” below for a list of exclusions from Road Hazard Damage.
WHERE THE CUSTOMER CAN OBTAIN SERVICE:
Whenever possible, you should return your vehicle to the original selling dealership. If you cannot return your vehicle to the original selling dealership, you may contact the Program Administrator at 1-844-296-1660 during normal business hours to receive assistance locating the nearest Participating Dealership. If you do not follow the Program Administrator’s instructions, your claim may not be eligible.
FLAT TIRE CHANGING ASSISTANCE:
During the Program Benefit Term, you are eligible for reimbursement up to $75.00 for roadside flat tire changing assistance provided by a licensed service provider of your choice when an Eligible Tire installed on your vehicle is damaged by a covered road hazard. Flat tire changing assistance is strictly limited to the roadside installation of your useable spare tire. If you do not have a spare tire or your spare tire cannot be installed, you may seek reimbursement for a tow. Reimbursement is limited to one (1) request per Program Benefit Term per Eligible Tire. You are solely responsible for any other services rendered. This benefit applies only to motorized passenger vehicles and specifically excludes trailers. If you cannot locate a licensed service provider on your own, you may contact the Program Administrator for assistance by calling 1-844-296-1660. This toll-free number provides access to a roadside assistance dispatcher 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This service requires use of a credit card to arrange for dispatch. You must be with your disabled vehicle when the service provider arrives; assistance cannot be provided to an unattended vehicle. If you are not with your disabled vehicle, an associated fee may be charged that is not reimbursable. For flat tire changing assistance reimbursement, submit a copy of your original purchase invoice and a copy of the paid invoice from a licensed service provider. The invoice must be dated and include the service provider’s name, address and telephone number and the year, make and model of your vehicle. Submit claims by fax to 1-866-449-3239, by email to email@example.com or by postal mail to: Flat Tire Change Reimbursement, P.O. Box 17599, Golden, CO 80402.
FLAT TIRE REPAIR:
If an Eligible Tire is damaged due to a valid road hazard during the Program Benefit Term and can be safely repaired per industry standards and guidelines, the tire may be repaired by a Participating Dealership. The repair will be covered up to $40.00 per tire, per occurrence. You are responsible for any additional amounts. The Program will remain in effect for the repaired tire for the remainder of the Program Benefit Term.
If an Eligible Tire is damaged due to a valid road hazard during the Program Benefit Term and cannot be safely repaired per industry standards and guidelines, it will be replaced by the Participating Dealership with an exact make/model of tire if available. If not available, a comparable quality tire will be installed. When an Eligible Tire failure occurs in the first 24 months of ownership, the Eligible Tire will be replaced with coverage up to the original purchase price of the tire or the replacement tire cost, whichever is less. In no event shall 100% coverage exceed $599.00 per Eligible Tire or Eligible Replacement Tire. You are responsible for any additional charges including, but not limited to, mounting, balancing, taxes, and miscellaneous fees.
WHAT YOU MUST DO TO MAKE A CLAIM WHEN AN ELIGIBLE TIRE IS DAMAGED:
- If you have presented an Eligible Tire during the Program Benefit Term, the Participating Dealership will verify that the damage to the tire is due to a road hazard as defined above.
- If the tire is found to be eligible for the benefits of this Program, the tire will be repaired or replaced as described above.
- The Participating Dealership will submit the claim to the Program Administrator.
- You must sign the repair or replacement invoice and provide the Participating Dealership with the Original Invoice. The Participating Dealership will make a copy of both the Original Invoice and the repair or replacement invoice and return the originals of both invoices to you.
- You must furnish the VIN of your vehicle, and if the tire is being required for inspection, you also must furnish the DOT number for that tire.
- You are responsible for any and all charges not included in this Program Benefit Statement.
- Tires being replaced under the Program must be surrendered to the Participating Dealership.
- Tires being replaced under the Program must be made available for inspection if requested by the Participating Dealership.
- If a tire needs to be replaced and authorization cannot be obtained because the damage has occurred outside of the Program Administrator’s normal business hours, you may elect to wait for authorization or proceed with a tire replacement. In order to be eligible for reimbursement: (1) you must go to the original selling dealership or a Participating Dealership; (2) if replaced, the damaged tire must be retained; AND (3) the Program Administrator must be contacted at 1-844-296-1660 within 2 business days. There is no guaranteed eligibility.
EXCLUSIONS: THIS PROGRAM WILL NOT PAY OR REIMBURSE FOR:
- Tire repairs or replacements made by anyone other than a Participating Dealership, its agents, contractors, or licensees.
- Failures to tires occurring when any part of the tire tread that comes in contact with the road has a tread depth of 3/32" or less.
- Repair, replacement, or flat tire changing assistance for tires that are not: (1) Customer Purchased Tires, from a Participating Dealership or replaced under the Program by the Program Administrator; (2) listed clearly on the Original Invoice, identified by the listed part/SKU number(s) and DOT numbers; and (3) damaged while installed on your vehicle identified by year, make, model, and VIN on your Original Invoice (“Eligible Tires”).
- Any loss, damage, or expense caused by accidents, collision, theft, larceny, snow chains, explosion, lightning, earthquakes, fire, windstorms, hurricanes, water, floods, malicious mischief, vandalism, civil commotion, riots, war, etc.
- Repair or replacement of a tire due to manufacturer recall, defect, or warranty, or any other reason for which the manufacturer will repair or replace the tire at its expense or at a reduced cost.
- Any invoice presented for payment of services not performed.
- Any damage due to misuse, abuse, negligence, improper application, improper towing, improper balancing or alignment, improper inflation, brake lock-up, wheel spinning, torque snags, etc.
- Cosmetic damage to any tire. Cosmetic damage is described as damage that does not affect the structural integrity of the tire.
- Any loss, damage, or expense as a result of off-road use (off-road use is described as driving on anything that is not a paved or gravel road maintained by the state or local authority).
- Damage caused by mechanical failures (e.g., failed shocks, struts, alignment, balancing, etc.) or interference with vehicle components (e.g., fenders, exhaust, springs, etc.).
- Repair or replacement of tires that have been repaired in a manner other than per tire manufacturer guidelines and industry-approved methods.
- Repair or replacement of tires that have been retreaded, recapped, regrooved, remolded, or tubed.
- Repair or replacement of any tire(s) used or installed on vehicles with a manufacturer’s load rating capacity greater than one-ton.
- Repair or replacement of any tire(s) used or installed on vehicles with a load capacity of one-ton or greater designed for, built for or used in a private recreational or commercial application including but not limited to Class A (or Type A) Motor Homes and Class C (or Type C) Motor Homes.
- Repair or replacement of any tire(s) used or installed on motorcycles, trailers, or on vehicles used for competitive driving or racing, police or emergency service, snow removal, carriage of passengers for hire, commercial towing, construction, or postal service.
- Repair or replacement of any tire(s) used or installed on vehicles used for farming, ranching, or agriculture, and vehicles that are registered to or licensed under a farm or ranch.
- Replacement of any tire(s) used for commercial purposes, used directly or indirectly in connection with any business, or other undertaking intended for profit.
- Michelin PAX® system, PAX support ring, wheel, or tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS).
- Repair or replacement of TPMS or devices and components associated with TPMS.
- PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS OR DAMAGE, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR SECONDARY DAMAGES.
- Any other costs or expenses that you incur as a result of the need to repair or replace your tire.
- Any costs or expenses arising because the vehicle is not available for use.
- Liability for damage to property, injury to or death of any person arising out of the operation, maintenance or use of the vehicle whether or not related to tire damage.
- Storage or freight charges.
- Fees charged by the roadside assistance provider when (i) the driver is not with the vehicle when the roadside assistance provider arrives; (ii) the vehicle is not at the location given to the dispatcher when the roadside assistance provider arrives; or (iii) if you do not call back to cancel the requested service within the window given by the roadside assistance provider.
The benefits of this complimentary Program are secondary to any other motor club contracts and/or vehicle service contracts, and/or promotional programs specific to the Participating Dealership (e.g., Loyalty Programs) you may have purchased that provide reimbursement for damaged tires and/or wheels. When an Eligible Tire is damaged by a road hazard and another company provides any reimbursement for the tire, the maximum amount reimbursable under this Program will be less the amount reimbursed under the motor club or vehicle service contract. If any other motor club contract and/or vehicle service contract exists but the terms of that contract(s) clearly states that it is secondary, the Program Administrator will pay 50% of the eligible reimbursement amount described in the Tire Replacement section of this Program.
THE PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DENY ANY CLAIM SUBMITTED WITH FALSE OR MISLEADING INFORMATION OR IF THE PAPERWORK DOES NOT CLEARLY IDENTIFY THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER, VEHICLE AND TIRES, OR IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE THE ORIGINAL INVOICE.
- The terms and conditions outlined above state the full and complete obligations between the parties. You should not rely on any oral representations or statements about the Program.
- The Program Administrator may delegate the performance of its duties and obligations and assign its rights and benefits hereunder.
- The Program Administrator assumes no obligation or responsibility with regard to your vehicle.
- The Program Administrator neither assumes nor authorizes anyone to assume additional liability on its behalf.
This Program is extended only to you, the original purchaser of the Eligible Tire(s) and may not be transferred to anyone who purchases your vehicle or tires during the term of this Program. The benefits of this Program are not transferable to any other vehicle or tires.
See your service advisor for complete details. Eligible tires are Mitsubishi original equipment (OEM), original equipment alternative (OEA), secondary plus (SEP), and winter (WIN).
Coverage eligibility is determined by date or until 3/32" or less of tread remains, whichever occurs first.